Cisco Ironport and Senderbase...how to get delisted?

up at 3.am up at 3.am
Wed Aug 17 23:40:05 UTC 2011

Thanks for the tip (BTW, top-post haters, I didn't start it!).  I was quickly
delisted by SpamCop, but here is their response:

------
Once all spam issues have been addressed, **reputation recovery can take anywhere
from a few hours to __just over one week__ to improve**, depending on the specifics
of the situation, and how much email volume the IP sends. Complaint ratios determine
the amount of risk for receiving mail from an IP, so logically, reputation improves
as the ratio of legitimate mails increases with respect to the number of complaints.

Speeding up the process is not really possible. SenderBase Reputation is an
automated system over which we have very little manual influence.

Mailflow policy is the sole domain and responsibility of the recipient;SenderBase
has no control over how passive or aggressive Cisco-IronPort customers choose to be
when implementing SenderBase reputation information.

While the reputation is improving, we suggest contacting domains which are rejecting
or throttling mail from the IP, and request they whitelist the IP temporarily.

Regards,
-SenderBase Support
-----