365x24x7

Steve Clark sclark at netwolves.com
Fri Apr 15 13:48:42 UTC 2011

On 04/15/2011 09:25 AM, Charles Mills wrote:
> I've had it done in places where I work where you'll have 3 rotations
> working 12 hour shifts.
>
> In a 2 week pay period they get their 80 hours in a blend 36 one week
> and 44 the next.  It gives some nice consecutive days off time which
> also doubles as a retention tool for some employees.  You might have
> to get creative to have all the days work out but it can be done.
>
> On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 9:14 AM, harbor235<harbor235 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> If I were going to provide a 365x24x7 NOC, how many teams of personnel do I
>> need
>> to fully cover operations? I assume minimally you need 3 teams to cover the
>> required
>> 24 hr coverage, but there is off time and schedule rotation?
>>
>> thoughts, experience?
>>
>> Mike

I worked once in a production plant. They had 4 crews a,b,c,d and worked 6 days on 2 off. It was rotating shifts. As an example crew A worked 6
days 8-4 was off 2 days then started the next shift on 4-midnight, then midnight to 8. So at any one day 3 of the 4 crews were working and the other
crew was off.

--
Stephen Clark
*NetWolves*