Level 3 Agrees to Purchase Global Crossing

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Mon Apr 11 15:55:05 UTC 2011

> Let me see if I have that straight.
>
> We're *admitting* in public that the result will be to make prices go
> up for
> customers?  Wow... Justice is going to have a field day with that.
>
> Cheers,
> -- jra

I don't think it means so much that prices will go up, just that it will slow the decline.

But having said that, it appears that we are in for a spate of inflation generally and the prices of everything are going to rise fairly quickly, starting about now.

That would be across the economy as a whole and not anything specific to the telecommunications sector.