Level 3 Agrees to Purchase Global Crossing

Wayne E. Bouchard web at typo.org
Mon Apr 11 16:29:07 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 08:55:05AM -0700, George Bonser wrote:
> > Let me see if I have that straight.
> >
> > We're *admitting* in public that the result will be to make prices go
> > up for
> > customers?  Wow... Justice is going to have a field day with that.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > -- jra
>
> I don't think it means so much that prices will go up, just that it will slow the decline.

Oh, trust me. I fully believe it will make prices go up. Anytime you
take a major competitor out of the ball game, the negotiations shift
towards center mass. That's just the way things go.

The only saving grace may be that it opens the door for one of the
little guys to get a bit bigger and start drawing cash away from the
behemoths out there.

-Wayne

---
Wayne Bouchard