Top-posting (was: Barracuda Networks is at it again: Any Suggestions as to anAlternative? )

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Mon Apr 11 15:21:00 UTC 2011

> From: "Michael Painter" <tvhawaii at shaka.com>
> Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 23:11:44 -1000
>
> gord wrote:
> > I wonder if there's a filter for top-postings in list that have a
> > bottom-posting rule?
> > This thread is very operationally interesting to me but I've lost the
> > plot :(

> > refers.
> >
> > PS: I know that some devices actually prevent bottom-posting by default.
> > Workarounds are possible and are evident in other recent posts to this
> > list.
> > Additionally, may I suggest you file a bug report with your vendors or
> > switch to a device that you can control properly :)
>

> It makes the thread very hard to follow.
> > Why not?
> >> Please don't top post!
>
> I used to have this available for a 'signature', but, with a few exceptions, it seems to fall on blind eyes these
> days.<sigh>

I put nearly identical text in response to top-posted messages and, if
it was not too difficult, move the top-posted response to the end, before
my response.

Of late I have started to get responses from people (not even the person
who top-posted) saying that I should f*** off and that they would post
however they wanted. Very hostile and even threatening.

I even manage to bottom post from my iPod. With cut and paste, it's
really not hard, but I guess it's just beyond the capacities of some
and somehow offensive to others.

**Sigh**
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer