IPv6 Routing table will be bloated?

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Tue Oct 26 14:12:25 UTC 2010

On 10/26/2010 9:08 AM, Jeroen Massar wrote:
> You are missing the point of making a proper plan which can justify
> address space for your business for the next years.

According to ARIN, initial allocations due NOT allot for growth, only
for the existing infrastructure.

> If done properly, you have successfully justified it and you will never
> ever have to go back to any of the five years.

I'd have to lie about existing counts to plan for 5 years. I don't like
lying.

> Now what will cause routing bloat is folks who keep on doing the same
> methods of "load balancing" and "chunking out of PA" and announcing that
> in BGP.

I have customers who use my space and multihome. There is no reason or
requirement for them to go to ARIN for this space. They can easily use
my own. Ideally they would have (and I would have) large enough space
for a single aggregate leaving their network, but with a minimal
approach (vs HD-Ratio aligned assignment up front), that won't be possible.

Jack