Surcharge for providing Internet routes?

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Mon May 3 03:27:56 UTC 2010

On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 1:43 PM, ML <ml at kenweb.org> wrote:
> Has anyone here heard of or do they themselves charge extra for
> providing a complete internet table to customers?
>
> Waive the surcharge for sufficiently large commits?

In Asia, there is a popular, but incorrectly named product offering
that many ISPs sell called "domestic transit" which they sell
for price $X; for "full routes" you often pay $2X-$3X.  I grind my
teeth every time I hear it, since "transit" doesn't mean "to select
parts of the internet" in most people's eyes.  It's really a paid
peering offering, but no matter how much I try to correct people,
the habit of calling it "domestic transit" still persists.  :(

Matt\