IP4 Space

Mark Newton newton at internode.com.au
Fri Mar 5 04:46:12 UTC 2010

On 05/03/2010, at 2:50 PM, David Conrad wrote:

> When the IPv4 free pool is exhausted, I have a sneaking suspicion you'll quickly find that reclaiming pretty much any IPv4 space will quickly become worth the effort.

Only to the extent that the cost of IPv6 migration exceeds the cost
of recovering space.

There's sure to be an upper-bound on the cost of v4 space, limited by the
magnitude of effort required to do whatever you want to do without v4.

  - mark

--
Mark Newton                               Email:  newton at internode.com.au (W)
Network Engineer                          Email:  newton at atdot.dotat.org  (H)