Alcatel-Lucent

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Thu Mar 4 23:54:52 UTC 2010

--- mirotrem at gmail.com wrote:
I'll have to second everything everyone is saying.  Absolutely pleased
with everything about them.  Just wish I had more 7750s instead of
7450s.

That reminds me of one thing that adds more complexity.  We carry our internet in a VPRN for various reasons.  The 7450s don't do BGP AFAIK in a VPRN.  So, if your downstream BGP customers will physically attach to the 7450 you'll have to epipe over to a 7750 to terminate BGP.  Then, since the epipe doesn't go down, you'll have to do BFD with the customer.  Many customers say "do what?"...  ;-)  If you don't do BFD they'll have to wait for the BGP session to time out.

scott