SPANS Vs Taps

Gary Gladney gladney at stsci.edu
Thu Jul 1 21:27:04 UTC 2010

Depends on the the bunch of 100MB connections.  On the down side, when aggregating using a Cisco switch is a limit on the number of switch ports you can aggregate.  On the up side, you don't have to be concerned about another device between the switch and device you want to connect to.

Gary

Gary Gladney
Space Telescope Science Institute
Email: gladney at stsci.edu