Some truth about Comcast - WikiLeaks style

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Mon Dec 20 22:24:40 UTC 2010

On 12/20/2010 3:47 PM, Lamar Owen wrote:
> Their copper in my area is nearly new, they have spent the last five
> years or so refreshing and updating their copper outside plant.

This makes a huge difference. At a little over 18,000 feet, I had to
drop to 3m down .5 up to stabilize my DSL connection long term;
especially during storms. It could push up to 6 down, .75 up but
wouldn't hold stable when I needed it to.

Of course, since then, we dropped a system roughly 200 feet from my
house and 100 symmetric is possible.

Jack