Some truth about Comcast - WikiLeaks style

Mikel Waxler dooser at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 17:50:00 UTC 2010

If Comcast is charging providers to carry bits, how long until Verizon does
the same? it becomes an "everyone else is getting paid" situation.

I think it is better for the the content providers to be financially
responsible for efficiency of transmission, which only happens when they
(not the consumer) pays per byte.

The consumer is already paying on a sliding scale to (Netflix). You want 1
dvd a month, that is X dollars, you want Blueray as well, that is X+Y
dollars. I cannot image that it will be too long before Netflix has an SD
package and an HD package.

Consumers are most interested in paying for unlimited access, unless it is
overly expensive. I would rather pay comcast and netflix a set fee each
month instead of getting charged .$00001 each time I check my email.