Google mail admin contact needed (STARTTLS capabilities issue)

William Allen Simpson william.allen.simpson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 13:36:39 UTC 2010

On 12/6/10 6:58 AM, Michael Wildpaner wrote:
> PIPELINING and STARTTLS are unrelated issues, and both are currently
> working as intended.
>
>    - STARTTLS on MX is in the process of being rolled out and not visible
>      from all client locations at this point.
>
>    - PIPELINING is not offered under all circumstances.
>
> Hope this helps, maw

Much appreciated.  Could you let operators know where to look for the
status as it's rolled out?  Or keep us updated here?

Since the client TLS (port 995) has been working for a long time, and the
https is becoming the default (we used to have to specify it ourselves),
getting MX transport secured is a good idea.