Google mail admin contact needed (STARTTLS capabilities issue)

Michael Wildpaner maw at dont.beevil.org
Mon Dec 6 11:58:02 UTC 2010

On Fri, 3 Dec 2010, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Dec 2010 17:30:38 PST, Brent Jones said:
> > For example, below shows the same MX at Google responding with and
> > without TLS. I attempted about a dozen times over a few minutes to the
> > same MX until I got STARTTLS listed in the capabilities list, but the
> > next attempt to the same MX would no longer show STARTTLS
>
> Equally troubling is the similarly random nature of PIPELINING, which doesn't
> even match the STARTTLS appearing or not. Definitely bad juju.

PIPELINING and STARTTLS are unrelated issues, and both are currently
working as intended.

  - STARTTLS on MX is in the process of being rolled out and not visible
    from all client locations at this point.

  - PIPELINING is not offered under all circumstances.

Hope this helps, maw

--
maw@{dont.,}beevil.org