CAP / WARN / iPAWS

Richard Barnes richard.barnes at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 03:34:37 UTC 2010

There is also some work in the IETF on the more general problem of
distributing early warning messages:
<http://tools.ietf.org/wg/atoca>

Right now, they're taking a pretty layer-7 approach (distributing CAP
in SIP messages), but part of their charter is figuring out how this
application relates to things like iPAWS, CMAS, 3GPP PWS, etc.  So
they will likely end up looking at some layer-2/3 aspects of the
problem as well.

--Richard