Life experience: Cisco ASR9000 vs. Juniper MX960
jason at lixfeld.ca
Mon Aug 30 13:27:55 CDT 2010
I'm looking for feedback on Cisco's ASR9000 vs. Juniper MX960. We're evaluating the two and are in the process of testing these two platforms and I'd like to try to have a leg up on testing if there are any gotchas that have crept up in the real world.
What we're looking for information on are problems that have arisen in these areas:
- Interface linerate issues (oversubscription, etc)
- Backplane/slot capacity issues (oversubscription, etc)
- Supervisor/RE switchover
- DC PDUs and power redundancy
- In the case of Juniper, interoperability with Cisco for MPLS and associated protocols and features.
- Anything else you'd like to mention, good or bad.
If anyone is interested, I'll compile the results and provide them to whomever.
Thanks in advance.
More information about the NANOG