(cisco, or any) acl *reducers* out there?

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 19:02:12 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Cat Okita <cat at reptiles.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Aug 2010, Christopher Morrow wrote:
>>
>> this paper, while full of math and graphs and sh*t, doesn't make my
>> acl management simpler, clearer or more complete... I keep trying to
>> push my acls through the paper, no joy yet.
>>
>> there's code or something somewhere that implements the algorithms and
>> graphs and sh*t that the paper shows in a pretty fashion?
>
> Heh.  Of course there's code associated with it -- how else would we have
> managed to come up with numbers from practical application :P

oh! I thought perhaps on them fancy HP 37 calculators?

Seriously though, in a brief read I saw it talking about checkpoint
firewall policy stuff... does the code include compiling to meta-state
the policy? does it handle policy from things other than checkpoint?
(like juniper router firewall syntax and pix and cisco acls?)

> OTOH, without some idea of whether it's what he had in mind, it's
> pointless to push the battle to go anywhere with it.
>
> There are certainly some commercial products that do what he seemed to be
> asking about, as well -- but I'm failing to find references to them just
> now (nothing like illness and deadlines).
>
>> (btw, you owe me some neosporin to take care of all the paper cuts)
>
> I've got some lovely iodine... :P

excellent! I love purple skin!

-chris