[Re: http://tools.ietf.org/search/draft-hain-ipv6-ulac-01]

Mark Smith nanog at 85d5b20a518b8f6864949bd940457dc124746ddc.nosense.org
Mon Apr 26 06:50:50 UTC 2010

On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 20:03:29 -0700
Doug Barton <dougb at dougbarton.us> wrote:

> On 04/25/10 19:37, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
> > On Sun, 25 Apr 2010, Doug Barton wrote:
> >
> >> ... and regardless of the specific method, the vendors already document
> >> the procedure for connecting to the web interface for IPv4, there is no
> >> reason to believe that they could not or would not do the same for IPv6
> >> if necessary.
> >
> > Does anyone actually believe that the above is user-friendly and will
> > work in real life?
>
> Sorry, I knew that I shouldn't have helped perpetuate this thread, which
> (IMO) is already way off topic.

I think it is entirely reasonable to discus. End-users of the Internet
indirectly pay operators' salaries, so it is very wise for operators to
remember to "think like the customer" (or, in the least, remember that
if operators make the Internet too hard to use, they'll likely be the
ones called around to their non-technical relatives' place to "fix my
broken Internet").