DMCA takedowns of networks

Brandt, Ralph ralph.brandt at pateam.com
Sat Oct 24 14:20:21 UTC 2009

HE certainly was right in shutting down that site.  It had copyright
infringement.  That they took down other sites is reprehensible unless
they lacked the technical capability to do otherwise.  (The question
then arises, should they be in business if that is the case?)

I am a strong advocate of free speech and have a track record for both
supporting and exercising it.  But the dissenters must be responsible.
Copying a site - copyright infringement - is never free speech, it is
illegal activity.  I really don't even care if there is a legal
copyright notice is its morally wrong and it puts the dissenter in a
category that is probably worse than the other party.  That someone
would do that tells me that they are not responsible in dissent and
their message is horse crap.  It is flashy lacking in thought and
content.  Why would I consider them a valid source of information?

I think the present administration is illegally there and should be
removed speedily by impeachment.  But I would never steal copyright
material to dissent.  I have never used his picture because I am not
aware of a free use picture.

Ralph Brandt

www.triond.com/users/Ralph+Brandt