NetFlow analyzer software

Mark D. Nagel mnagel at willingminds.com
Thu Oct 22 05:36:07 UTC 2009

Jeffrey Negro wrote:
> Yes my experience was the same on with Manage Engine.  Although, they do have an article buried in their archives that shows how to tweak the mysql and java memory settings on start of the app.  We found that helped a bit.  We were successfully using it for netflows from more than 100Mbps, so I would say it can handle a bit more than typical SMB traffic.
>
> I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but a good commercial product a former customer of mine used to use was Solarwinds Orion.

A bout of research a few years back turned up IBM Aurora
(http://www.zurich.ibm.com/aurora/), now sold as Tivoli/Netcool
(http://www-01.ibm.com/software/tivoli/products/netcool-performance-flow/)
as a potential solution for high performance analysis, but IIRC, a
fairly hefty price tag applied based on traffic volume.  Looking at the
second URL, it is not clear, but looks like $10K + $200 per "resource
unit", whatever that maps out to be.  Definitely not on the same level
as the typical solutions.

Mark

--
Mark D. Nagel, CCIE #3177 <mnagel at willingminds.com>