Policy News

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Wed Nov 18 14:50:41 UTC 2009

How about just mandating that it's illegal to build anything but fiber/gpon for services.  If something fails, it needs to be replaced with modern technology.

I know here they replaced copper cable in the middle of the winter last year, it would have made more sense to just use the conduit they were replacing and put fiber in.

But the fiber union guys != copper union guys so that is harder to do.

Oh well, stuck in the 70's with my ISDN.

	- Jared