Gig Throughput on IPSEC

adel at baklawasecrets.com adel at baklawasecrets.com
Wed Nov 11 09:25:44 UTC 2009

 Hi,

I have a requirement to encrypt data using IPSEC over a p-t-p gig fibre
link.  In the past I've normally used Juniper to terminate VPNs, as I
have found them excellent devices and the route based VPN functionality
very useful.  However looking at their range, only the ISG will do a gig
of IPSEC.  I'm leaning towards keeping my exising Juniper SSG550's for
firewall/routing capability at each site.  Then having a separate
encryption devices to handle the site-to-site vpn requiring the gig
throughput.  Does anyone have any suggestions on devices to use?

Adel