"IP networks will feel traffic pain in 2009" (C|Net & Cisco)

Matthew Kaufman matthew at eeph.com
Tue Jan 20 20:46:08 UTC 2009

Alex H. Ryu wrote:
> Probably IP v4 address runout may not affect for traffic amount that much.
> Since people will use NATing for saving IP addresses, and IPv6 will be
> slowly take some traffic for that matter.
>
> It's more of the cost of bandwidth, and the application people uses.

As I said, "we'll see"... the people using NATing are still going to
have to connect to something, somewhere, to get the data that makes up
this traffic.

The people buying boxes that move traffic around will be spending some
of that money on either v6 capability or NATs or both, too.

Matthew Kaufman