Are you getting Spam from Crossfire Media?

Graeme Fowler graeme at graemef.net
Tue Jan 13 20:01:56 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 14:43 -0500, Reynold Guerrier wrote:
> My subscription to NANOG aged 3 months ago and I am receiving this spam too.
> And this is my first post. I effectively think that someone might have crack
> the email database of the Nanog list.

Funny; I'm not in that sort of business and I haven't received that sort
of spam. Funny also that both Reynold and JC have quite significant
online presences (as determined from a quick Google) which reveal lots
of interesting info - if you were a person interested in selling them
something, anyway. Especially wireless kit.

I think there's far less to this than meets the eye, personally. Just a
predictably asinine salesperson believing that your presence online
provides your consent for bulk email... have you contacted their CEO?

Graeme