Anyone notice strange announcements for 174.128.31.0/24

Matthew Kaufman matthew at eeph.com
Tue Jan 13 17:11:15 UTC 2009

On Jan 13, 2009, at 6:34 AM, Joe Abley <jabley at hopcount.ca> wrote:

> On 2009-01-13, at 00:05, Paul Wall wrote:
>
>> Also, I'd agree
>> announcing other peoples' ASNs,
>
> How do you announce an ASN?

Clearly it means to use someone else's ASN without authorization in a
way that is not intended by the org/person it I'd assigned to.

In a place where people get arrested, charged, tried, *and convicted*
of lying about who they are in a MySpace profile, I would be wary of
injecting other people's IP adresses *or* ASNs, even if it seems like
a good experiment.

Personally, I think there's nothing to complain about here, and I'm
looking forward to the published results and I'm glad there's people
with the time/funding to conduct wide-scale experiments...

But then I'm ok with people who don't put their real age in their
MySpace profile too.

Matthew Kaufman

(sent from my copy/paste-free iPhone)