Anyone notice strange announcements for 174.128.31.0/24

Martin Hannigan martin at theicelandguy.com
Tue Jan 13 17:16:08 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 12:11 PM, Matthew Kaufman <matthew at eeph.com> wrote:

> On Jan 13, 2009, at 6:34 AM, Joe Abley <jabley at hopcount.ca> wrote:
>

>> On 2009-01-13, at 00:05, Paul Wall wrote:
>>
>>  Also, I'd agree
>>> announcing other peoples' ASNs,
>>>

>> How do you announce an ASN?
>>

> Clearly it means to use someone else's ASN without authorization in a way
> that is not intended by the org/person it I'd assigned to.

I think that this is really a matter of being able to opt out, preferably
in, to these public network experiments. This type of thing has a
correlation to events past. No reason to raise dead bodies, but we've seen
this before and have dealt swiftly, and decisively all based on choice.

Best,

Martin

Martin Hannigan                               martin at theicelandguy.com
p: +16178216079