Important New Requirement for IPv4 Requests [re "impacting revenue"]

Michael Dillon wavetossed at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 24 12:12:42 UTC 2009

> Actually, being a CTO of a company, I know that my CEO signs things ALL the
> time based just on my say so. I don't see how signing a document for ARIN
> would land them in court, further if he were to go to court, he'd simply say
> that he relied on the opinions of his technical staff since he does not have
> the experience or expertise to evaluate it's validity. And as history shows,
> this is an acceptable answer, it happens all the time in the case of
> financial filings that others produce for the CEO to sign.

It didn't work very well for the CEOs of Worldcom, Enron and Tyco,

I think that many company officers will ask to see the results of an audit
before they sign this document, and they will want the audit to be performed
by qualified CPAs. Are your IPv4 records in good enough shape that an
accountant will sign off on them?

--Michael Dillon