Important New Requirement for IPv4 Requests [re "impacting revenue"]

Shane Ronan sronan at fattoc.com
Wed Apr 22 00:57:35 UTC 2009

> You really should go ask a CEO if he'd sign off on something that he
> doesn't understand.  Really.  I can assure you that your impression
> is wrong, and most CEOs don't prefer to be standing in court
> defending their actions.

Actually, being a CTO of a company, I know that my CEO signs things
ALL the time based just on my say so. I don't see how signing a
document for ARIN would land them in court, further if he were to go
to court, he'd simply say that he relied on the opinions of his
technical staff since he does not have the experience or expertise to
evaluate it's validity. And as history shows, this is an acceptable
answer, it happens all the time in the case of financial filings that
others produce for the CEO to sign.

> Burdensome?  Really?  If you have your documentation together it
> takes about 15 minutes from beginning of the application form until
> receiving your new allocation.  I spend longer on hold any time I
> deal with any other vendor.

Really, 15 minutes? I applied for a new AS Record recently, presented
all the valid documentation, as well as additional documentation in
the form of network diagrams, and was asked to explain things that
were clearly spelled out in the documents I provided. This entire
process took DAYS.