Important New Requirement for IPv4 Requests

Kevin Graham kgraham at industrial-marshmallow.com
Fri Apr 24 01:38:26 UTC 2009

> Net-Admin:  This IPv6 stuff is important, we should already be deploying
>            it full-tilt.
> Manager:    Some IPv6 testing should be reflected in next years budget.
>
> Director:   I hear IPv6 is the future, but customers just aren't
>            demanding it.
> VP Network: Humm, maybe I should have read the Network World article on
>             IPv6 rather than the one on Google World Dominance.

...you forgot the rest of the conversation:

VP Network: Why doesn't www.google.com return one of these v6 addresses?

Director: Yeah, did do a limited v6 deployment last year, why doesn't i
work?

Net-Admin: We aren't one of the networks that have been individually
vetted by Google to return an AAAA to without complications.

Director: So even with all their scale, influence and technology
resources, they still won't do it by default?

VP Network: Sounds like we can hold back on that budget for another year.