Outside plant protection, fiber cuts, interwebz down oh noes!

Jim Popovitch jimpop at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 23:53:28 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 18:04, Charles Wyble <charles at thewybles.com> wrote:
> Seriously though I want to start some discussion around outside plant
> protection. This isn't the middle of the ocean or desert after all.

I'll pipe in with this:

No amount of money can deter a determined entity.  If there is a will,
there is a way, etc.   Want to protect your "outside" plant, then make
it resilient network-wise.   There use to be a time when dual paths
was acceptable, I (personally) think that quad paths should be the
norm.

-Jim P.