Outside plant protection, fiber cuts, interwebz down oh noes!

Rod Beck Rod.Beck at hiberniaatlantic.com
Thu Apr 9 23:55:27 UTC 2009

Hold on. Who says this sabotage?

These incidents happen all the time without sabotage being involved. A ship sank off the coast of Pakistan and took out both international cables serving the country ...

We had the undersea earthquake that seven seven cables in the Taiwan straits.

The truth is that physical diversity is an ideal, not a reality.

I have seen lots of accidents that took multiple operators and seriously disrupted in a given locality.

The only difference here is that in the Heart of Geek Territory. Hence the Natives are restless ...

Roderick S. Beck
Director of European Sales
Hibernia Atlantic