shipping pre-built cabinets vs. build-on-site

Charles Wyble charles at thewybles.com
Mon Apr 6 20:00:54 UTC 2009

Joe Abley wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Anybody here have experience shipping pre-built cabinets, with ~20U of
> routers and servers installed, connected and tested, to remote sites for
> deployment?

Not pre built cabinets, but I have shipped/received over $1,000,000.00
worth of gear (routers/switches/desktops/servers) all over the United
States utilizing FedEx.

Packed everything with lots and lots of foam peanuts and shrink wrap,
with standard pallets and crates. Never had an issue.

Checkout FedEx Custom Critical.... pricey but excellent (used them to
ship something same day once..... that was really expensive as it
required a dedicated aircraft.... but when you gotta have it as close to
right now as possible, they fit the ticket). :)