NetworkSolutions - Was: Re: v6 gluelessness

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Fri Jan 25 10:36:11 UTC 2008

Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> writes:

>> Network Solutions appears to have some level of support for AAAA RRs
>> because I am aware of domain names registered through them that have
>> AAAA RRs.
>
> it is pushing AAAA glue to the parent zone, com et alia, that is the
> problem.

Why don't you just put your DNS servers in some other TLD and forget
about the problems of adding AAAA glue records to .net/.com?  The name
of your DNS server can't really be that important.

.nz look like a great alternative TLD for IPv6 DNS servers at the
moment: http://dnc.org.nz/content/srs_registrar_list.html

Bjørn