Global Crossing issues?

Tom Sands tsands at rackspace.com
Wed Jan 23 17:33:00 UTC 2008

At present we aren't seeing (or at least hearing about) issues.
However, over the last 6 months we've had about 10 different instances
where connectivity specifically between Comcast and GBLX has had extreme
problems.

We ended up changing all our Comcast traffic to other providers, but
unfortunately, Comcast still seemed to heavily prefer GBLX for our
inbound, and it didn't resolve the problem.  Ultimately, we had to stop
announcing prefixes to GBLX to get Comcast to use another inbound path
and all problems ceased.

Tom Sands
Chief Network Engineer
Rackspace
(210)312-4391

Drew Linsalata wrote:

> Based on reports from customers on both sides of the US, we're thinking
> that Global Crossing is experiencing performance problems.  Ingress
> points into GBLX from Comcast in the east and GoDaddy in the west are
> both showing significant packet loss and higher latencies.  A quick look
> at Keynote:
>
> http://internetpulse.net/
>
> shows that GBLX looks a little uglier than the others for the past 24
> hours.  Admittedly, I'm not sure if the GBLX stats always look like
> this.  :-)
>
> Is anyone else seeing similar problems?  We're waiting for something
> from GBLX now.  If we get anything definitive that we are free to pass
> along I will do so.
>
> - Drew

at abuse at rackspace.com, and delete the original message.
Your cooperation is appreciated.