BGP Filtering

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Wed Jan 16 03:16:36 UTC 2008

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008, Christopher Morrow wrote:

> Jon, didn't you start:
>
> http://www.wibble.co.uk/archives/nanog/2007/msg05265.html

Yep.

> and Ben, is this sort of what you are looking for? Or would it
> accomplish the same thing for you?

I don't think it's at all what Ben "wants", but I think it's the closest
thing to it that's actually available, relatively simple to configure, and
accomplishes the desired savings.

For anyone in need of such savings, I recommned you start with one RIR at
a time and carry a default route, because you're going to lose some
networks.  If you want to be somewhat charitable, bump the limits up 1-bit
and filter on RIR minimums + 1.