Network Operator Groups Outside the US

Rod Beck Rod.Beck at hiberniaatlantic.com
Wed Jan 16 12:09:48 UTC 2008

Hi Folks,

1. UK: UKNOF; http://www.uknof.org.uk/ I just attended the last meeting Monday. Free and a good lunch included!
Please do not confuse UKNOF with the United Kingdom Nitric Oxide Forum. Nitric Oxide keeps your arteries relaxed and your blood pressure under control

2. Europe: RIPE; http://www.ripe.net/ The Big Meeting is in Berlin in early May.

4. UK: LINX; https://www.linx.net/ Has four meetings each year. Not difficult to get invited if you are not a member.

5. LAMBDANET hosts several German ISP meetings; http://www.lambdanet.net/index.php?p=92&l=1&sid=ee8bc11d266a13bffdcd59ceb45c329d. Language is German.
Please do not confuse with the Intranet for the Brothers of Lambda Theta Phi, Latin Fraternity Inc.

6. I am not aware of any Dutch per se ISP conferences although that market is certainly quite vibrant. I am also disappointed to see the Canadians and Irish have next to nothing despite Ireland being the European base of operations for Google, Microsoft, Amazon, and Yahoo. And Canada has over 30 million people. Where is the National Pride?

7. It is worthing mentioning that DEC-IX has started the practice of hosting carrier meetings a la Telx. These are not conferences with lectures, but networking events where each provider has a booth where they can push their products and services. Tends to be more carrier than ISP, but as you know the union of these two sets is not the null set. Quite a bit of overlap.

8. Both DEC-IX and AMS-IX have member meetings each year. Not clear how difficult to get invited if you are not a member.

9. I believe there are some Northern England ISP meetings. Probably MANAP.

Roderick S. Beck
Director of European Sales
Hibernia Atlantic
1, Passage du Chantier, 75012 Paris
http://www.hiberniaatlantic.com
Wireless: 1-212-444-8829.
Landline: 33-1-4346-3209.
French Wireless: 33-6-14-33-48-97.
AOL Messenger: GlobalBandwidth
rod.beck at hiberniaatlantic.com
rodbeck at erols.com
``Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.'' Albert Einstein.