IPv6 connectivity mandates?

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Mon Jan 7 19:58:27 UTC 2008

Given all of the discussion about IPv6 on this last over the past several
weeks, I figured I'd chum the waters a bit more :)  This is mainly for
people working in colleges and universities, but could apply to ISP/NSPs
as well.

Has anyone seen any indication that, given the US government's push to
deploy IPv6, they will start (or perhaps they've started already?) writing
mandates for applicant networks to have IPv6 connectivity into the
requirements for federally funded grants?

Is anyone seeing anything similar outside of the United States?

Thanks
jms