IPv6 tracking assignments (OSS recommendations) See www.internetassociatesllc.com

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 15:32:18 UTC 2008

On Jan 4, 2008 2:37 AM, John L Lee <johnllee at mindspring.com> wrote:

>  Marty,
>
>  Its (IPal)  main deployment has been with Service Providers and Government
> agencies doing v6 deployment since it support multiple vendors DNS and DHCP
> servers and has XML integration  with OSS and NMS systems. As a previous
> user of VitalQIP they were re-archit5ecting it to support Web based services
> and v6 but in the US they did an agreement with Infoblox to be the front /
> backend interface with Qip being the central database.
>
>  John (ISDN) Lee

John, I literally utilized each link on IA's website and did not see
any of that functionality. Regardless, my personal opinion is that
it's more suited for the enterprise. There are many tools that call
themselves carrier class or OSS capable, but many fall short. In my
mind, QIP is a proven app who's only downside is the cost.

I don't see the IP tool that you are talking about competing apples
for apples or even peer to peer with QIP, to be honest. They are two
different classes of application.

Last question. Are you affiliated with the company that develops and
sells the software that you are recommending? I found someone named
John L. Lee referenced as "SVP Business Development". If not, I
apologize in advance. If you are, I would appreciate a tad bit more
candor in our discussions here.

Best Regards,

-M<