Problems sending mail to yahoo?

Rob Szarka szlists at szarka.org
Fri Apr 11 16:09:50 UTC 2008

At 10:33 AM 4/11/2008, you wrote:
>I gave up sending abuse reports to Yahoo (and Hotmail) many years ago.

I gave up on Hotmail, too, though occasionally I try a sample to see
if they've improved. The latest came back with a message saying that
I had to resubmit my report to any entirely different address. As if
their inability to forward mail internally is now my problem...

>So in the short term, advising customers that Yahoo's and Hotmail's
>freemail services are of very poor quality and should never be relied
>on for anything, and that Gmail is a better choice, is probably viable.
>In the long term, though, I think it may only delay the inevitable.

OTOH, as someone who provides services to small business customers
who want their own domains, this may be to my benefit: one of the
main selling points of a domain is that it makes you the master of
your own fate, not tied to the fate of a particular provider. (At
least, if you're smart enough to use a registrar and a service
provider who doesn't make it almost-impossible to switch....)