Problems sending mail to yahoo?

Edward B. DREGER eddy+public+spam at noc.everquick.net
Thu Apr 10 18:41:36 UTC 2008

FWIW:

I've been tempted to implement sort of a "reverse blacklisting".  If an
(MX|provider) trips a 4xx threshold, have the local MTA s/4/5/ on emails
to the problem (MX|domain).  If it trips a 5xx threshold, including
"upgraded" 4xx responses, simply refuse delivery altogether at the local
end.

"You don't like our email?  Fine.  You won't see it."

We've observed good success convincing people to switch away from
overly-draconian email providers... so a "reverse blacklist" might not
be as _Wolkenkuckucksheim_ as it seems.  Or, then again, it might. ;-)

Eddy
--
Everquick Internet - http://www.everquick.net/
A division of Brotsman & Dreger, Inc. - http://www.brotsman.com/
davidc at brics.com -*- jfconmaapaq at intc.net -*- sam at everquick.net
Ditto for broken OOO autoresponders and foolish AV software backscatter.