Creating a crystal clear and pure Internet

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Tue Nov 27 16:25:57 UTC 2007

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, Jared Mauch wrote:
> 	There is an operational part of this whole internet thing that
> does matter, and I have to say, we can't just ignore the activities at
> the recent Rio, ITU, or other things.  Without clued engagement
> will the policy wonks make the right choices/decisions?  This does
> impact network operations.

On a more practical/technical level, I'm interested in how French ISPs
that worked on the plan to implement it on their networks?

Orange France
Free
Neuf cegetel
AFA
GESTE
SELL
SIMAVELEC
DAILYMOTION
Numericable/Noos
YouTube/Google
AFORST

What technical methods do they believe are going to work as outlined in
the working document Annex 1:

http://www.culture.gouv.fr/culture/actualites/conferen/albanel/rapportolivennes231107.pdf

- Filtering URL or IP address (le filtrage d'URL ou d'adresse IP)
- Filtering ports (le filtrage de ports)
- Filtering protocols (le filtrage de protocoles)
- Filtering content (le filtrage de contenus)
- Filtering services (les outils de filtrage par les hibergeurs ou les iditeurs de services)
- External monitoring (Le repirage des flux illicites par l'observation externe)

Unfortunately, Babelfish isn't the best way to read such a document.
There are probably some nuances which don't translate easily.