IPv6 Advertisements

Donald Stahl don at calis.blacksun.org
Tue May 29 17:10:17 UTC 2007

> f-root does this on the IPv6 side:  2001:500::/48
>
> Whether that's available everywhere on IPv6 networks, is as Bill pointed-out,
> another question.
One of the root servers not being available everywhere seems like a pretty
lousy idea :)

On another note- are there any folks on the list who haven't at least
started testing v6- either in a lab or on their home network? Is there a
particular reason why?

Does anyone have any horror stories about deploying v6? (Aside from
problems with tunnels resulting from A and AAAA records for the same
host). With rare exceptions every transition I've read about has been
pretty painless.

There seems to be so much resistance to v6 and a lot of it seems to be
misunderstanding or misinformation regarding the complexity of the
changes.

-Don