NANOG 40 agenda posted

Krichbaum, Eric Eric.Krichbaum at admin.citynet.net
Sat May 26 18:24:32 UTC 2007

Agreed.  The statement from ARIN is recent and impacts us all.  We've
got our core v6 routing in place, but operationally, that's really the
easy part.  Modifying the tools such as billing, monitoring, management,
tracking, and auditting are the slow link in the chain.  The space is
dwindling but that doesn't seem to be putting the transition pressure on
if the services aren't there to use v6.  Until more transit providers
support it, the reasoning for smaller provider to transition is limited.

Eric Krichbaum, PhD
Director Network Engineering, Citynet