Network end users to pull down 2 gigabytes a day, continuously?

Michal Krsek michal at krsek.cz
Fri Jan 12 17:37:39 UTC 2007

Dear Gian,
from my perspecitve (central europe) it looks like the linear programming is used only in TV/radio channels. But this is only a part of the media industry. Cinema, DVD and other forms of content distribution aren't linear. I don't like to waste Internet capacity with URLs to large VoD community servers.

I don't have enough speaking power to write any strict statements, but I think the world of media industry will use every existing channel of revenue. The question isn't if, but when. Some people prefer having their "eleven button remote", but some want to consume content they had chosen at time they had chosen. May be I'm wrong but I don't know anybody from teen generation who likes to be TV channel driven (may be I'm in a bad country :-)).

                Regards
                    Michal