Network Operations Guide

Kim Onnel karim.adel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 18:40:53 UTC 2007

Hello,

My customer grew from a small enterprise to an SP/Mobile operator network
very quickly.

I want to guide them on how to operate their network, so I am looking for a
document for this.

On the top of my head and please add your suggestions:

1)       Change Management

2)       Network Management

3)       Daily Operational tasks/process

Let me explain what's on my mind for each point above:

1)       I can think of RANCID and TACACS+ in terms of configurations, but
they also do hardware changes that affects the network without any strict
procedures (example: add a switch and start an STP loop)

2)       This I can get, but would also welcome suggestions, NMS, SNMP,
netflow….

3)       Ticketing system, escalation procedures, troubleshooting documents,
backup procedures, inventory…

Your valuable input would be highly appreciated,.

Regards,

Kim