IP Block 99/8

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Fri Apr 20 22:52:59 UTC 2007

On 20-apr-2007, at 21:32, Marcus H. Sachs wrote:

> If we had "clean" registries and signed/verifiable advertisements
> this would
> not be an issue.

I wouldn't count on that. If such a mechanism would become available
(which isn't completely unthinkable, see http://www.bgpexpert.com/
article.php?id=113 ), then obviously it will be a long time before
everything that's in the routing tables has a corresponding
certificate. It would be possible to give routes that check out a
higher preference than ones that don't, but there's always that pesky
longest match first rule that seems to cause so much trouble these days.