On-going Internet Emergency and Domain Names

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at cisco.com
Tue Apr 3 00:07:36 UTC 2007

On Apr 2, 2007, at 4:56 PM, Douglas Otis wrote:

> The recommendation was for registries to provide a preview of the
> next day's zone.  A preview can reduce the amount of protective
> data required, and increase the timeframe alloted to push
> correlated threat information to the edge.  This correlated threat
> information can act in a preemptive fashion to provide a
> significant improvement in security.  This added level of
> protection can help defeat expected and even unexpected threats
> that are becoming far too common as well.

OK, I understand this, but the previously-expressed comments about
unintentional/undesirable consequences and not addressing the actual
cause of the problem (inadequate and/or inefficient credit card
processing and inefficient business processes), as well as the
comments regarding practicalities and so forth, haven't really been
addressed (pardon the pun), IMHO.

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins at cisco.com> // 408.527.6376 voice

         Words that come from a machine have no soul.

                       -- Duong Van Ngo