tech support being flooded due to IE 0day

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Fri Sep 22 04:11:33 UTC 2006

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 12:01:58PM +0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 21, 2006, Gadi Evron wrote:
>
> > > Paranoia has its place, but this ain't the place.
> >
> > The report is NOT paranoia. Several LARGE user ISPs suffer immensely from
> > this. Use this information if it is useful to you and you encounter the
> > same problems.
>
> Does it impact the network operation?
>
> Eg, does it adversely affect the network? (say, like Beagle did.)

	I was thinking sql-slammer, massive flood causing signifcant
amount of network infrastructure to go down.  (people on low speed links
with large blocks of address space were DoS'ed off the network).

	I don't think of drive-by browser/desktop infection as a networking
issue, more of an end-host issue.

	- Jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net