tech support being flooded due to IE 0day

Payam Tarverdyan Chychi payam at bhsecurity.com
Fri Sep 22 05:01:34 UTC 2006

Ok so:
1) Gadi sends his org email out stating bla bla bl abla
2) a dozen people reply back with to-all.. which causes further controversy
3) Gadi replys, trying to save him self

Can we please keep the flamewar offlist! .. if you got something to say..
say it to the person and not the entire list of people on nanog!

-ps, my apologies for contributing to this useless thread and mass listing
nanog.

 -Payam

>> > The report is NOT paranoia. Several LARGE user ISPs suffer immensely
>> from
>> > this. Use this information if it is useful to you and you encounter
>> the
>> > same problems.
>>
>> Does it impact the network operation?
>>
>> Eg, does it adversely affect the network? (say, like Beagle did.)
>
> Not like Bagle did, to my knowledge. That said, this is spreading at an
> increasing rate that is unbelievable. That means worms, bots, and yes, ISP
> support, network and system personnel time depending on ISP.
>

>> Adrian

Payam Tarverdyan Chychi
Network Analyst