Collocation Access

Roland Perry lists at internetpolicyagency.com
Mon Oct 23 18:24:07 UTC 2006

In article <200610231743.SAA23525 at sunf10.rd.bbc.co.uk>, Brandon
Butterworth <brandon at rd.bbc.co.uk> writes
>my passport says who I'm allowed to surrender it to and that doesn't
>include colo guards yet some want to retain it whilst you're on site

"should not be passed to an unauthorised person" [1], which raises the
issue of who authorises who (and back to my idea for accrediting colo
security guards).

On the other hand there are many countries [even inside the EU] where a
hotel receptionist will insist on holding your passport overnight so you
can be registered with the police. Who authorised them, rather than gave
them an obligation?

[1] US passports don't contain a similar clause.
--
Roland Perry